2 Interns, Content Developer for Web, Mainstream Media and Social Media.
Kinondoni, Kunduchi Dar Es Salaam
Application deadline 2019-03-28 Salary
Range (Tsh) 0 – 500,000
Business / Employer name Bongo Forex Company Industry Banking & Finance
Job Level Volunteer, internship Work Type Internships & Graduate Minimum Qualification Bachelor Years of Experience Less than 1 year
Unit/ Project Background
The purpose of this internship is to provide support to the activities of the implementation of the programmes within Bongo Forex Tanzania. During the internship, the intern will have the opportunity to support in the production of communications deliverables, global advocacy campaigns and event management. Finally, the intern will have the opportunity to learn about trading, and investment in the national and global context, and the functioning of the Bongo Forex.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Management, the intern will assist and supplement the work of the Management in the following tasks:
- Monitors the media by collecting and sharing weekly news bulletin containing news on Bongo Forex, trades and investments issues related news reported in local media, and compiles a monthly report.
- Develops web content, stories for mainstream, newsletter content, press releases, brochures, social media posts, including translating and contextualizing infographics into Kiswahili for Tanzanian audiences. Reviews communication products reports to summarize and package for dissemination, policy briefs, fliers and factsheets.
- Increased understanding of Bongo Forex work;
- Learning the work in trading and investment in an international environment;
- Learning the skills and methods for effective communications and advocacy of trading and investments issues;
- Meeting and networking with other traders in other units;
- Working as a team member.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and sensitivity regarding trading issues.
- Creative problem solving
- Effective communication
- Inclusive collaboration
- Stakeholder engagement
- Leading by example
- Ability to write succinct, edited and well written captions for all high-quality images;
- Have online video publishing and file transfer skills;
- Have working knowledge of lighting video interviews;
- Teamwork, professionalism and communication skills.
- Have good knowledge in trading and investments.
- Have prior experience in corporate communications.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- The intern must have studies in Journalism or Communications or IT or other similar subject at the university level.
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation (not necessary).
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English are required; Working knowledge of another language a distinct advantage
Interns are not financially remunerated by Bongo Forex
Bongo Forex will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest.
Selected applicants must provide a resume/CV, two letters of recommendation, proof of school enrollment, copy of passport, and copy of visa (if applicable)
“Bongo Forex is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Bongo Forex does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.”
How to Apply for this job
Bongo Forex Internship Policy:
Applicants to the Bongo Forex internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) or (b) above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
Bongo Forex internship programme does not provide a salary or remuneration for the internship;
All the expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring institution;
Bongo Forex accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
The intern must provide proof of school enrollment, a scanned copy of his/her passport, two letters of recommendation, and application.