The purpose of the Tanzania Vector Control Activity (TVCA) is to identify and implement proven, evidence-based vector control approaches in Tanzania. The TVCA focuses on insecticide treated bed-nets (ITNs) that includes a) determining the quantity of ITNs needed annually to maintain high population access, and b) delivery and distribution of ITNs. The TVCA Contractor also provides the Government of Tanzania and malaria partners with c) state-of-the-art reviews and advice concerning new developments in vector control, and as appropriate, d) develops plans for implementation of modified or new vector control approaches in Tanzania.
We are seeking experienced Technical and Operational Advisors and Specialists for the TVCA opportunity to cover:
Supply chain management and commodity forecasting
Distribution and related logistics
Capacity Building/strengthening in the public and private sectors
Community Mobilization â Regional and District levels
Commercial market priming and private sector engagement
Tags community mobilization data management logistics malaria project evaluation southern africa supply chain management vector control
Data Management and analysis
- Lead the design and implementation of the TVCA’s monitoring, evaluation and learning activities, including the development of the project’s performance monitoring plan; development and monitoring of project indicators; implementation of project evaluation; quality assurance and auditing of data.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in public health, business administration logistics or any of the arear of interest above
- Five years’ or more experience working in specific area, preferably with donor funded health initiatives. Experience with USAID funded programs highly desirable
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical, operational and management expertise and experience, and strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills.
- Experience living or working in Tanzania or the East and Southern Africa region is highly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English and Kiswahili.
- This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others – and yourself.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.