Job Vacancies at NMB Bank 2019
Position: Senior Wholesale Dealer
Reporting Line: Head, Treasury Sales and Structured Products
To develop and maintain relationships with clients and internal partners (Government, Corporate & Institutional Banking). Market and execute Global Markets (GM) products, strategies, and structured solutions adding to the overall business development of GM Sales function. Maintain coverage responsibility for structured sales and Product desk.
- Fully market and sell Treasury products to Wholesale customers in order to grow sales volume.
- To ensure fair & objective competitive rate pricing.
- To implement the sales plans to ensure that revenue targets are achieved.
- Come up with innovative Sales initiatives that are cross functional and work with relevant stakeholders to implement them.
- Fully use financial risk management principles to increase sales volume
- To ensure controls and compliance to procedures that meet Bank’s policy, Standards, and local regulations regarding Money Laundering Prevention and all other Treasury policy requirements.
- Understand and observe Interbank Foreign Exchange Market(IFEM) rules and regulations
- Ensuring that Market Risk and Counterparty limits are not exceeded.
- Fully assess profitability of the bank on a quarterly basis.
- Fully forecast revenues from NMB investments in various structured products.
- To plan, co-ordinate and monitor (track) FX product performance on an ongoing basis
- Interact with Trading and ALM desks for competitive pricing of GM products to customers in order to grow revenue and minimize risk.
- Fully engage in cross selling of Bank’s products.
- Provide accurate and timely product service to Wholesale and relevant desks (Branch, Trade Finance etc.) to meet customer needs at competitive price.
- Expansion of new product lines including go to market planning and execution.
- Approach and build healthy relationships with customers to become preferred point of contact for customer base growth and new acquisitions.
- Plan joint visits with respective departments to ensure cross – selling of bank’s products, calls and customer entertainment.
- Grow the current structured products book by working closely with all Wholesale segments
- Enhance the Bank’s reputation in the local market through personally demonstrating a high level of professionalism, and developing mutually beneficial working relationships with our customers.
- Network on behalf of the team (communication back to team members) with customers, and with other departments including Corporate, Trade Finance, Branch personnel in order to solicit customer feedback, gain market intelligence, benchmark sales processes and techniques, and to enhance the Bank’s profile in the market.
- Keep up to date with and be responsive to trends affecting customer’s business cycle that may pause opportunities.
- Provide quality economic information to the Wholesale team and customers related to FX volatility as part of education and promotion of Treasury products.
- Fully keep one’s self up to date with all market trends, innovation, and skills required in order to sell treasury products optimally.
- Actively participate in joint sales calls with Wholesale RMs to promote FX products to customers.
- Provide ongoing product training to all RMs and Branch staff.
- Work with the Wholesale team to implement Account Plans successively
- Coordinate, coach and Mentor Sales dealers that functionally work under the post to motivate and grow them.
- Business understanding of the business drivers of wholesale segment customers and financial risk management strategies; SME and Corporate Banking products.
- Technical: Trading, Effective Sales, Relationship Management, Balance Sheet and Income Statements
- Behavioral: Self-starter, Communication, Decision Making, Developing Others, Initiating Action, Innovation, Sales Ability/Persuasiveness and Negotiation.
Required Skills and Knowledge
Post-graduate degree in Banking, Economics, or Finance, with ACI dealing certificate.
At least 4 years in financial markets, with a minimum of 2 years in Treasury.
Prior client facing experience in a sales
Experience in structured product preferably derivatives and or structured products in Global Markets.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have been shortlisted.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.